Man Utd Benefit From ANOTHER Strange Decision

31 October 2010 11:09
A controversial late goal from Nani and a first-half header by captain Nemanja Vidic gave Manchester United a 2-0 victory and ensured Tottenham's 21-year wait for victory at Old Trafford continued. PREMIERSHIP LATEST Blackburn 1 Chelsea 2Arsenal 1 West Ham 0Man Utd 2 Tottenham 0Wolves 2 Manchester City 1Everton 1 Stoke 0Fulham 2 Wigan 0 Following on from the red card 'that never was' when Gary Neville should have been sent off against Stoke last week, they get the rub of the green (AGAIN) from a referee who got it sadly wrong. United captain Vidic opened the scoring after 31 pulsating minutes before Nani reacted quickest to some goalmouth confusion to prod home five minutes from time. A goal that will dominate the news this weekend, no doubt, as the ref came in for some incredible stick for arguably the biggest mistake of the season so far. Chelsea recovered from a first-half scare to maintain their five-point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-1 win at Blackburn on Saturday. The Blues were shocked by Benjani Mwaruwari's first of the season before Nicolas Anelka beat Paul Robinson after Didier Drogba's knock down to level the scores. Blackburn were then made to pay for missing a golden chance through Mame Biram Diouf when Branislav Ivanovic nodded home at the far post to seal the champions' third away victory of the season. Spurs, who have not won at the ground since 1989, were furious with referee Mark Clattenburg for allowing the second, scored after goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes placed what he believed to be a dead ball. Strugglers Wolves condemned high-flying Manchester City to a shock 2-1 defeat at Molineux. Fourth place City, who lost 3-0 against Arsenal last week, opened the scoring with Emmanuel Adebayor's first of the season from the penalty spot after Richard Stearman fouled David Silva. Nenad Milijas scored his third of the season to pull Mick McCarthy's men level before David Edwards gave the 19th placed side the win with a 57th minute strike. Alex Song's header in the dying minutes gave Arsenal a 1-0 victory over rock-bottom West Ham at the Emirates Stadium. A great performance from Robert Green, who kept out Song and Cesc Fabregas with two athletic first half saves, ensured that the game remained goalless until the 88th minute when Song nodded home Gael Clichy's cross to keep Arsenal in touch with the leaders. Everton stretched their unbeaten run to five matches thanks to Ayegbeni Yakubu's first goal of the season in a 1-0 win over Stoke at Goodison Park. The Nigerian picked up the ball from Tim Cahill after the Australian's shot had rebounded off the post before beating Asmir Begovic to condemn Stoke to their fourth straight defeat. Fulham were catapulted eight places to eighth with a 2-0 win over Wigan thanks to a Clint Dempsey double. Dempsey headed past Ali Al Habsi to put Mark Hughes' side in front before the American latched on to Zoltan Gera's cross to double the Cottagers' advantage just before the break.