Germany midfielder Aaron Hunt has joined Europa League side VfL Wolfsburg on a three-year deal after 13 years at Werder Bremen, his new club announced on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old, who has three international caps, signed for Werder as a junior and has switched clubs on a free transfer.
"I was with Bremen for a long time, achieved many things with Werder and had some really great years, but this was the time to try something new," said Hunt, with Wolfsburg only 150 kilometres (93 miles) south of Bremen.
He is set to link up with Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne and Brazil's Luiz Gustavo as Wolves target a return to the Champions League for 2015/2016 after finishing fifth last season in the Bundesliga and just missing out on a place.
Hunt, a defensive midfielder, has not been chosen in Joachim Loew's squad for next month's World Cup. He made his last appearance for Germany in May 2013 on a two-match tour of the USA.
He becomes the second Germany international to join Wolves after right-back Sebastian Jung switched from Eintracht Frankfurt last week.
"Despite being only 27 and having collected a lot of experience, Aaron is a player who can improve on the high levels he sets for himself," said Wolfsburg's team manager Klaus Allofs.
Hunt opted for Wolfsburg despite offers from Italy, England, Russia and Turkey and has scored 46 goals for Werder in 215 Bundesliga appearances.