Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has indicated he expects James McCarthy to stay at the club for the rest of the season and is confident the Latics will have a 'positive' January transfer window.
Reports have linked McCarthy with the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal and Martinez claimed after the midfielder's two-goal performance in last weekend's 2-2 Barclays Premier League draw with QPR that the 22-year-old had "the potential to play anywhere in the world''.
But when asked if there had been any firm interest in McCarthy, Martinez said: "No."
Speaking on Thursday morning ahead of Saturday's league match at Norwich, Martinez added: "We will always feel really pleased with compliments towards our players.
"But James McCarthy is a young man - at 22 he is still developing.
"One day he will be challenging to win titles and to be in the highest position in the game, there is no two ways about it. But he is still developing and the performance that he had on Saturday shows that he is developing in the right way.
"He knows that and he knows as well that it is an important time for his role with the national team. The last thing he needs now is to be distracted from his good work and the way he is developing.''
Martinez is adamant the January transfer window will only prove beneficial for the Wigan squad.
"In January, we are not going to do anything else apart from adding players that can help us in becoming a bit stronger in the way we want to play," said Martinez, whose side are currently 18th but just two points behind 14th-placed Newcastle.
"The January window is going to be positive for us, I have no doubts about that."