Wigan manager Roberto Martinez looks set to appeal a Football Association charge for comments he made after the Barclays Premier League game against Manchester United on September 15.
Wigan lost 4-0 at Old Trafford during which the Latics boss was unhappy about a penalty awarded to the hosts, as well as a Danny Welbeck challenge on Franco di Santo which he felt warranted a red card.
Martinez has until 4pm on Thursday to contest the charge against him for comments he believes were "rational".
"I have to look into it because I never questioned the integrity of the referee," Martinez said. "I don't know really which comments are the ones for the charge but I'll look into it and we'll take it from there.
"The charge must be based in certain quotes and I think it will be a good opportunity to explain myself. I need to find out first what are the quotes or the lines that have been charged on.
"I can understand that sometimes things can be taken out of context. I was rational, it wasn't an emotional burst. I think it was a very rational comment that I would like to explain."
Martinez said after the defeat at Old Trafford: "I have come to United three times before today and for whatever reason we don't seem to be measured in the same manner as the team at home.
"Today the penalty is as bad a decision as you are going to see in the Premier League. In many ways, you feel as though you are fighting against a mountain. There were tackles flying around that if they had been the other way round there would have been a couple of red cards."
Martinez also described Welbeck's challenge as "completely reckless", adding: "It is a red card, for a Wigan player, Manchester United, everyone."
The comments prompted the FA to charge the former Spaniard with a statement adding: "The charge is in relation to an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 concerning media comments which implied that the match referee and/or match officials in general are motivated by bias and/or brought the game into disrepute."