WBA-MAD Stat Pack: Liverpool vs Albion
Find out all of the important facts and figures ahead of Albion's trip to Anfield
Data supplied by the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Select and manage your own team of stars at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ or with FIFA Ultimate Team for FIFA 14.
- In a fixture which is rarely short on fireworks, Liverpool twice came from behind to secure a 2-2 draw away to Newcastle in the last rounds early kick off. Captain Steven Gerrard struck from the penalty spot, whilst Daniel Sturridge yet again got himself on the scoresheet, in a result which now leaves them just two points adrift of the summit of the Premier League.
- Steven Gerrard is backing up comments made by Jordan Henderson this week, stating the Liverpool captain could go on playing for another ten years. His stats certainly support this argument, with Gerrard so far successfully completing 291 passes in the opponent’s half. At 33, this makes Gerrard the oldest player in the top 40 in the league in this category.
- Striker Daniel Sturridge has continued his fine form as the season progresses, registering the most on-target attempts of any player in the league with 14 according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Suarez is 13/18 to score at any time this weekend with 888sport.com.
- The second part of ‘SAS’, Luis Suarez, has been in similarly effervescent form after returning from his early-season ban. The Uruguayan ranks second on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for the average time it has taken for him to get a shot on target away, with only Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko able to better his average rate of one every 38.6 minutes for players with 10 attempts or more.
- Victor Moses is apparently enjoying something of a new lease of life under Brendan Rodgers, turning in some excellent performances as of late. The Nigerian international has now passed into triple figures for passes completed in the opponent’s half (102), at a solid average rate of one every 3.94 minutes.
- Steve Clarke will be ruing a penalty decision which should have gone his side’s way during their 0-0 draw at home to Stoke. His side will face an even greater challenge at Anfield this weekend.
- Stephane Sessegnon has apparently lost none of the zip which made him such an effective attacker for Sunderland since moving to The Hawthorns. His 5 dribbles last weekend was the joint highest of any player in the last round of fixtures.
- No player in the league has cleared danger more effectively than Jonas Olsson this season, the imposing centre-half placing first on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for clearances with 82.
- Billy Jones has been equally impressive at times at the back this season. No player in the Baggies squad who has made more than 5 attempted challenges can boast a better tackle success rate than his 73.3% from 15 tackles.
- Morgan Amalfitano continues to be impressive for Steve Clarke’s side, leading the squad for total crosses delivered with 13 and providing 3 assists along the way. Amalfitano is an industry best 9/1 with 888sport.com to get himself on the scoresheet this weekend and score at any time.
Can Albion upset the odds at Anfield? Have your say here at Baggies Banter.
Source: WBA MAD
Related West Bromwich Albion News