- West Bromwich Albion News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
WBA-MAD Stat Pack: Fulham vs West Brom
Published : 13 Sep 2013 14:03:16Rss feed
Find out all the facts and figures ahead of Albion's game against Fulham
- Both Fulham and West Brom will be looking to improve on their poor starts so far this season. West Brom’s pursuit of victory is could be thwarted by Fulham centre half Aaron Hughes, who’s managed to make a total of 32 clearances – the third most in the league.
- Hughes’ impressive form is also evident in the amount of blocks he has made this season. After the opening three games his 6 blocks puts him ahead of any other player in the league.
- Controversial midfielder Adel Taarabt may have his critics, but it’s clear that he’ll provide Fulham with a much needed creative spark. Despite only playing 160 minutes for Fulham so far, he has made the most dribbles in their team with 6. 888sport.com have Taarabt at 3/1 to score at any time on Saturday.
- Another new signing for Fulham is central midfielder Scott Parker, and, much like Taarabt, he’s certainly made his mark. He completed 24 passes in the opposition half against Newcastle, and his 66 passes overall this season are more than any other Fulham player.
- Parker has also managed to average a pass in the opposition half every 2 minutes.
- West Brom’s defensive efforts has much to do with the form of Claudio Yacob. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index Yacob has managed to make 19 tackles so far this season – more than any of his team mates.
- The Argentinean does need to improve on his discipline though, as he has committed 9 fouls – the second most in the league.
- Fulham may be concerned about the defensive efforts of Claudio Yacob, but they should not forget his fellow central midfielder Youssuf Mulumbu. Last weekend he made 5 interceptions, the second most in the league.
- Jonas Olsson is considered the lynchpin of West Brom’s defence, and, looking at the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, it isn’t hard to see why. The Swede has made a total of 38 defensive contributions so far this season (tackles, headers, blocks and clearances).
- Despite this, the young right back Billy Jones has bettered Olsson’s efforts. The former Preston man has had an outstanding year, making 39 defensive contributions – the most in the West Brom team.
- Both Fulham and West Brom have impressive defensive records this season, and 888sport.com are offering 13/5 for the game to draw a blank.
How do you think Albion will do this weekend? Have your say here at Baggies Banter.
Source: WBA MAD
Related West Bromwich Albion News