Reports have suggested that Gianfranco Zola was under pressure from the club's Icelandic owners to cash in on as many of the squad as possible before the transfer window closes at the end of August.
Zola stressed earlier on Monday that he had no intention of letting Matthew Upson leave Upton Park, while James Collins has been linked with a move to Stoke.
Chief executive Scott Duxbury has now given his backing to Zola and assured supporters there is no fresh cause for concern.
In a statement on the club's official website, Duxbury said: "The club's position remains the same as it was last week or as it was in January: there is no question of Straumur forcing us to sell anyone - in fact we are actively looking for new players.
"The papers are unsurprisingly full of speculation at this time of year, but the situation is clear - the only way a player would be allowed to leave is if Gianfranco thinks it is in the best interests of the squad as a whole and it is right for the club.
West Ham's non-executive chairman Andrew Bernhardt added: "As I said earlier in the summer, the club is on a sound financial footing and Straumur creditor meetings have no bearing on the operations of West Ham United. This remains unchanged.
"We fully support Scott and Gianfranco and endorse their continued efforts in strengthening the squad as quickly as possible, with a new striker their top priority."