- Wales News
- News Archive
- League Table
- World Cup Euro Qual Gp 4 News
Coleman not contemplating future
Published : 10 Oct 2013 20:01:54Rss feed
Chris Coleman insists his own future will be the last thing on his mind when injury-hit Wales face Macedonia.
Coleman's future as Wales boss looks increasingly uncertain, despite reaching a verbal agreement with Football Association of Wales chiefs over a two-year contract extension prior to last month's fixtures against the Macedonians and Serbia.
Back-to-back defeats dropped Wales to the bottom of World Cup qualifying Group A, and the FAW chose to instead assess performances as the Dragons wrap up their campaign at home to Macedonia and away to Belgium.
Coleman's chances of finishing the group on a positive note have all but been derailed by a staggering injury list which has seen 10 players withdraw from his original 23-man squad.
Striker Sam Vokes will also definitely miss Friday's game, while captain Aaron Ramsey could not train on Thursday due to the after-effects of a dead leg, but is set to take the field at Cardiff City Stadium.
Eleven players have been called up to plug the gaps left by the long list of absentees, including 16-year-old Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, who would become the youngest player to appear for Wales if he takes the field, and a handful of players from the Under-21 squad.
All of which would appear to leave Coleman in a fairly hopeless position ahead of what could prove to be his final competitive games in charge.
But the former Fulham boss said: "Whether I like it or not, you're judged on results. It's as simple as that. That's how it has always been.
"I know the contract situation is still there but this is not the time or place to talk about that. I have to concentrate on the game on Friday, to try and achieve a result, that's the biggest thing.
"I'm here until the end of the campaign because I said I would never ever walk away from this job.
Related Wales News