Coleman happy with Ford relations
Chris Coleman insists he has "no problem" with Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford, despite his unhappiness at talks over his contract extension stalling.
Just over a month ago Coleman and the FAW had all but sealed a new two-year deal, but defeats to Macedonia and Serbia saw the contract put on hold until after the Group A campaign is over.
Coleman did his cause no harm by guiding a patched-up Wales to a 1-0 victory over Macedonia in Cardiff on Friday, moving the Dragons off the bottom and up to fourth in the group.
But he has spoken of his irritation at what he sees as short-termism from the FAW, and his desire to have the unequivocal backing of his employers does not tally with their request to alter his backroom staff.
The former Fulham boss admits he is undecided over whether he would accept a new contract should it eventually be offered, but insists he still has a good relationship with chief executive Ford, despite comments made in the media that Coleman needed to produce in this final qualification double-header.
"I spoke to him before the game, he sent me a text wishing me good luck as he always does," said Coleman.
"I have never had a problem with Jonathan, he has a job to do. Sometimes when someone puts a microphone in front of your face you say things you think maybe you shouldn't have said.
"The FAW will have their ideas of where they see Welsh football going as they are entitled to, but whatever happens after these games will happen.
"Last month the contract was agreed and there for me to sign, after two defeats I wasn't able to sign it.
"I cannot sit here telling you my mind is made up, because it isn't. Is Jonathan behind me? You would have to ask him that."
Related Wales News