AVB not expecting busy deadline day
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas anticipates limited activity at White Hart Lane on the final day of the transfer window.
Zeki Fryers and Lewis Holtby are the only arrivals so far this month and Villas-Boas does not expect any more.
"We look to be quiet in the market," the Portuguese said. "It's not impossible that a couple of things happen. It's highly unlikely. We need to add quality to the squad and our quality to the squad is keeping the players we have now and Lewis arriving."
There could be at least one departure, though. Tom Huddlestone was not in the squad for Wednesday night's 1-1 draw at Norwich and has been allowed to speak to Fulham, the Spurs boss confirmed.
Villas-Boas added: "There was an interest from Fulham. I'm not sure if they're going to follow on that interest. We've allowed the club to speak to the player. He's a player we rate very highly."
Holtby made his debut as a second-half substitute at Carrow Road and impressed, and Villas-Boas added: "It was extremely good to see him out on the pitch. I think he had the right impact for such a short time."
Spurs were indebted to Gareth Bale for a point as the Welshman's wizardry conjured up an equaliser following a scintillating run, cancelling out Wes Hoolahan's 32nd-minute opener.
Villas-Boas described the goal as "beautiful", but was unhappy with Alex Tettey's attempt to halt Bale at the halfway line.
"Had the boy got on to Gareth's ankle, it's an injury that takes him out for six months," the 35-year-old said.
Opposite number Chris Hughton was perplexed by Villas-Boas' reaction and said: "I'm surprised by that. The way that Bale went past him there didn't seem too much wrong with Gareth Bale to me. I don't think anybody got near him."
Related Tottenham Hotspur News