Reports suggested the Russian was on his way out after throwing a strop and marching down the tunnel, instead of joining his team-mates on the bench, after being substituted by manager Harry Redknapp during their game against Manchester City on Saturday.
Immediately after the match, Redknapp admitted his disappointment at Pavlyuchenko's reaction, saying the 27-year-old had let the players and the fans down.
"I don't like that," said the Spurs manager, who applauded sarcastically when Pavlyuchenko made his exit. "It's not something I like. You're looking to scrap away.
"The fans are here and paying their money to watch and I think when a player runs down the tunnel without sitting down and watching and getting behind the team, I think that is disrespectful to his team-mates."
All the signs pointed towards a swift sale, especially as Pavlyuchenko, 27, has hardly set the world alight since joining Spurs from Spartak Moscow, scoring just five goals in 27 appearances.
However, Pavlyuchenko has since held clear-the-air talks with Redknapp about his behaviour, and said: "I publicly apologised for what I did and explained that I walked to the dressing room, not because I was angry with being substituted, but for being ashamed for my own performance.
"Still, I needed that meeting to make sure there were no misunderstandings left between me and my manager. We had a very good chat. Redknapp told me he understands that in such a long season as I'm going through now, slumps are inevitable."
Pavlyuchenko has not had a break from football since the start of last year due to Russia's involvement in the European Championships and his agent, Oleg Artemov, believes Spurs fans will see a revitalised player next season.
Artemov said: "After meeting Redknapp, I'm sure Tottenham is still interested in Pavlyuchenko. That gives me a great hope that next season he will show his talent."