Speculation surrounding his future at the club has been further fuelled by reports of a training ground bust-up with Redknapp. The former Portsmouth manager played down the confrontation following the friendly game against non-League side Grays Athletic.
"Part of it happened, a very small part, but the whole story got blown up out of proportion,' Redknapp said last week. 'It was a private training ground game
'I was supposed to have said I will sell him in January. Absolutely rubbish.
'We are strong in all positions, so we're not really in the market for players."
Bentley has only been with Tottenham for 18 months since making a £17 million move from Blackburn, and despite Redknapp's claims that no offers have yet been made, Manchester City manager Mark hughes is a known long-term admirer.
Meanwhile, Benoit Assou-Ekotto is set to meet the supporter he clashed with after Saturday's tie with Wolves to bring an "amicable" end to the matter.
Assou-Ekotto confronted the supporter next to the tunnel at White Hart Lane moments after the final whistle of the defeat and had to be pulled away by Spurs assistant manager Joe Jordan, who then led the 25-year-old Cameroon international down the tunnel.
Police said on Sunday they were investigating "an allegation of assault"' in relation to the incident, while the Football Association were awaiting reports from the game before deciding whether to investigate.
However, a statement from Tottenham tonight read: "The club takes the conduct of our supporters and players, and the relationship between them, very seriously.
"We understand that the supporter has now withdrawn the complaint and that he and Benoit are due to speak this week to bring an amicable end to the matter."