- He soon found himself caught up in a transfer scandal between Leeds and Chelsea after chairman Ken Bates accused the Stamford Bridge-based club of trying to tap up their young prodigy.
Related ArticlesRose's 'amazing goal' praisedDanny Rose makes himself an instant heroGreat football debutsFootball hate figuresArsenal title dream endsHas the balance of power shifted in north London?- Rose never played for the Leeds first team and when they were relegated from the Championship to League One the club was forced to sell their young winger to raise essential funds. He joined Tottenham in the summer of 2007 for £1 million.
- When he left Leeds, Bates said Rose had "disappeared into the obscurity of the Spurs training ground" and accused him of going back on his word having previously pledged his future to the club.
- Rose came close to making his first team appearance for Spurs when he was named on the bench to face Sunderland in 2008. He was then sidelined for three months after picking up a knee injury.
- Last August Rose was finally handed his first-team debut for Tottenham against home-town club Doncaster in the League Cup.
- Following loan spells at Peterborough and Watford, Rose returned to White Hart Lane and made his FA Cup debut against former club Leeds in January this year.
- Rose has played for the England U17 and 18 teams and last year was called into the England U21 side's European Championships squad after Danny Welbeck was ruled out.
- He went on to score his first international goal in a 2011 European Championship qualifier against Portugal at the end of last year.
- The 19 year-old made his league debut against Arsenal and became an overnight hero after scoring 10 minutes into the match which Tottenham won 2-1 boosting their chances of a top-four finish.
Buy Manchester United tickets from Telegraph Sports Tickets