Tottenham's training ground will be the focus of attention today as the spotlight on Gareth Bale's world record transfer to Real Madrid intensifies.
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas gave his squad the day off yesterday following their 5-2 defeat in Monaco last weekend, but the Portuguese expects his players to be back in training at their Enfield base today.
Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, has denied speaking to Spanish newspaper AS, which on Monday morning reported him as saying that his client could stay away from training after being angered by Villas-Boas' claim, at a press conference in Monaco, that the Welshman would not be sold to Real. Such a move from Bale would be completely out of character.
Bale has not played for Spurs since their first game of the summer - a 1-1 draw against Swindon on July 16.
The forward, who scored a staggering 26 goals for Tottenham last year, missed the club's pre-season tour of Hong Kong because of a gluteal injury and did not travel to Monaco after suffering a foot problem.
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti revealed last week that the nine-time European champions were in talks with Spurs over the possible signing of Bale.
Having stumped up Â£33million to sign Luka Modric last summer after weeks of wrangling, Real know all too well how tough a negotiator Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is.
Spurs are said to be demanding a world-record sum in excess of the Â£80million fee the Spanish club paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo four years ago.
Unlike team-mates Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas, who have both spoken publicly about Bale's proposed move to the Bernabeu, Ronaldo would not discuss whether he thought such an astronomical fee for the Tottenham star would be good value.
"In terms of the transfer fee, you should speak to the coach [Ancelotti] and president [Florentino Perez] about that," Ronaldo said at a press conference in Miami.