Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is expecting the transfer merry-go-round to slip into gear with the World Cup now over.[LNB] The 49-year-old enjoyed a break while the tournament was under way, although still managed to complete the signings of Cristian Riveros, Simon Mignolet and Ahmed Al-Muhammadi before his squad's return for pre-season training last week.[LNB]But now he is back and attempting to push home his interest in the club's remaining targets with Sol Campbell and Marcos Angeleri among his main priorities.[LNB]Bruce said: "Birmingham have done one or two bits, Man City have done one or two bits, but it has been very quiet.[LNB]"We have all watched the World Cup and basically had June off. It's starting now, by the phone calls we are having.[LNB]"Everybody is jostling for position and trying to get a few new bodies in, and I would think the work will start now.[LNB]"But I think there has been a reality check right throughout the football world. The recession has hit the football industry as well because there is not a lot of cash swilling around at the moment.[LNB]"We will see what develops over the next few weeks."[LNB]As well as arrivals, Bruce is expecting departures from the Stadium of Light with the likes of Nyron Nosworthy, Daryl Murphy, Marton Fulop, David Healy and Jean-Yves Mvoto, who were all sent out on loan last season, among those who could move on.[LNB]The manager said: "The four, five or six players we have had out on loan have come back, and I would envisage them looking to see if they can get themselves fixed up."[LNB]Striker Darren Bent has returned to training after being given extra time off following his trip to England's pre-World Cup camp, while Riveros and Paraguay team-mate Paulo da Silva will resume on July 27 following their exploits in South Africa.