skip to content

Fuller available for Molineux opener

More

09 Aug 2010 12:37:00

Fuller available for Molineux opener

Stoke have been assured that Ricardo Fuller will not be banned for Saturday's opener at Wolves following his red card in a friendly last week. Fears had been raised that Fuller would be forced to miss the trip to Molineux after he was sent off for violent conduct in Friday night's pre-season game against Wrexham. However, a statement on Stoke's website today said the club had received confirmation that the Jamaican would be available for the match. Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira also recently escaped a ban from Premier League action after being dismissed in a friendly against Inter Milan. Meanwhile, Potters boss Tony Pulis has backed Ryan Shawcross to win his place back in the England squad. Shawcross, who received his first Three Lions call-up last season, was not selected by Fabio Capello for Wednesday's friendly against Hungary, but Pulis believes the defender could even captain his country in the future. "Ryan had a couple of injuries at the end of last season which pushed him back a bit," Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel. "But he will play for England and could one day captain England. "He's quick and got good feet - and he's a good footballer as well." Although he would be delighted to see Shawcross receive further England recognition, Pulis has the consolation of knowing he will not be losing the player for what he feels is a badly-timed round of international friendlies just days before the start of the Barclays Premier League season. "I don't want any of my players going away," Pulis said. "I think it's a joke there's an international game before the season starts. "I think all clubs should get together. If they want to play friendlies then they should pay the players' wages."


Team_Talk

Sponsored links

Facebook comments

Related Stoke City News

advertisement

advertisment