Stirling 0-3 Forfar: Match Report

05 November 2016 06:34

Forfar extend lead at the top of the Ladbrokes League Two standings

Forfar extended their lead at the top of Ladbrokes League Two to four points following a comfortable 3-0 win over Stirling at Forthbank Stadium.

Andy Munro put the league leaders ahead inside the seventh minute when he connected with Lewis Milne's low cross.

The lead was doubled after the break through Gavin Swankie's headed effort before David Cox curled one in from the edge of the box to seal the win.

Eight-man Berwick fell to a late 1-1 draw with lowly Cowdenbeath in their eventful Ladbrokes League Two clash at Shielfield Park.

Berwick opened the scoring when Greg Rutherford raced onto a Michael McKenna's through ball to slot home.

Their efforts were made more difficult for the hosts after Steven Thomson was shown a straight red for handling in the area and giving Cowdenbeath the chance to equalise from the spot.

Dean Brett misses his spot-kick to the relief of Berwick but they then went down to nine men after Steven Notman's dismissal for a reckless challenge.

The two-man advantage finally took its toll though, as Cameron Muirhead netted an equaliser for Cowdenbeath with the last kick of the game.

Two quickfire goals helped Clyde overcome second-placed Elgin with a 2-1 success in their clash at Broadwood Stadium.

David Gormley got the hosts off to a flying start with a neat finish after just two minutes before Peter MacDonald doubled the advantage inside six minutes when he converted Ewan McNeil's cross.

Darryl McHardy pulled one back for the visitors and despite all their endeavour, could not get the equaliser as they lost ground on leaders Forfar.

A stoppage-time winner by Josh Skelly saw Arbroath snatch a 2-1 victory against Annan at Galabank.

The hosts took the lead with the last kick of the first half through Steven Swinglehurst's six-yard effort but parity was restored shortly after the restart through Arbroath midfielder Mark Whatley.

But Skelly popped up at the death to break Annan's hearts when he found the back of the net in the first minute of stoppage-time to steal all three points.

Dougie Gair's penalty was enough to give Edinburgh their first win of the season following a 1-0 win fellow strugglers Montrose at Links Park.

Neither side looked like scoring and it needed a mistake from someone to separate the two teams and that was exactly what happened.

Montrose defender Gregor Anderson brought down Ross Allum in the area which Gair dispatched confidently to secure a much-needed victory for the visitors.

Source: PA