Toughest test yet

05 February 2010 04:37
Forest Vs Owls: Team news Sheffield Wednesday travel to the City Ground on Saturday for what is expected to be their most difficult fixture since the appointment of Alan Irvine last month. It may well be argued that the recent encounters with fellow strugglers Scunthorpe, Peterborough and Plymouth were more important in terms of the league table the clash against promotion chasing Forest will be a real test of the team’s ability. The Owls will have to make at least one change to the eleven that started the last fixture against Plymouth Argyle. Right-back Lewis Buxton sustained a hamstring injury in that victory last weekend and is expected to be replaced by popular American Frank Simek. Elsewhere rejuvenated Wednesday are likely to remain unchanged with last weekends two goal hero Luke Varney set to start along Marcus Tudgay in attack. Forest are one of the most in form sides in the country at the moment and will be looking to bounce straight back having lost a feisty encounter with local rivals derby county last Saturday. The home side have only long-term injury victim Julian Bennett unavailable but boss Billy Davies may choose to tinker with the options he has up front after they drew a blank last time out. Davies can choose from the likes of Rob Earnshaw, Dexter Blackstock, Nathan Tyson, Dele Adebola, Joe Garner and David McGoldrick. Wednesday go into the game with renewed confidence under Alan Irvine following a run of 4 wins out of 5. In three away games under the new boss they have won two but lost the last one at Scunthorpe. Forest’s defeat at derby last week was their first away loss in the league this season and their first anywhere in the league since the middle of September. They have won their last 6 home league games in succession with an aggregate score of 21-3 in these 6 matches. The two sides met at Hillsborough back in September. Forest got off to a flying start, dominating the first 20 minutes but they only had Blackstock’s early goal to show for it and the Owls struck back before half time through Tudgay. The second half was a cagier affair as the teams settled for a point apiece.