No Forest bid for Woolford
Scunthorpe United have denied receiving a bid for the winger Martyn Woolford, but conceded the former York player has put off contract talks. Woolford, 25, has been a key member of the Iron team since moving from the non-league Minstermen in 2008. Speculation increased on Wednesday that Nottingham Forest were interested in the player, with the Daily Mail claiming a £400,000 bid had been tabled for him. Ian Baraclough, the Iron manager, said there had been no contact with the Midlands club. He told BBC Radio Humberside that a fresh contract had been offered to the player, who is out of contract in the summer, but "he doesn't want to discuss his future at the moment".
Related Scunthorpe United News