Highly-coveted Brazilian striker Neymar put a definitive end to speculation about his future here on Wednesday as he extended his contract with Santos for a further two years to 2014.
The 19-year-old had already said in September at a hastily-assembled press conference that he would not be moving in the transfer window in January dashing the hopes of several European clubs, primarily Spanish giants Real Madrid.
On Wednesday he went a step further in committing himself to the club up till the 2014 World Cup which Brazil is hosting.
"Neymar will continue with us till 2014, the contract is signed," said club president Luis Alvaro Oliveira Ribeiro.
The player himself expressed his satisfaction that he would be staying with them.
"I am very happy, it is a decision I took with my family," said Neymar, who became a father for the first time earlier this year.