Ross County --- Inverness CT: Match Report

25 October 2013 10:01
Ross County --- Inverness CT: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game as it happened.

Lights go out on Highland rivals

The first Highland derby of the season was postponed due to floodlight failure after a goalless first half.

The lights went out at half-time and despite a couple of aborted attempts referee John Beaton was forced to call a halt to proceedings in the Scottish Premiership contest.

It meant frustration all round, with the visitors looking to move level with leaders Celtic, while the home side were seeking a win to climb into the top six.

County went straight on the attack in the opening seconds and a crossfield ball from Graham Carey fell for Ivan Sproule at the back post - but his shot was blocked and the danger averted.

The visitors' Gary Warren was the first player to be booked for a clumsy tackle on Melvin De Leeuw in the fifth minute.

County were seeing most of the ball but the visitors had a great chance to take the lead with their first real opening in the 16th minute.

Graham Shinnie's free kick into the danger area was headed down by Richie Foran but when the ball fell for Nick Ross he failed to make contact with only home goalkeeper Mark Brown to beat.

At the other end De Leeuw had a sight of goal after a fast flowing move but his shot was easily held by Dean Brill.

There was little to separate the teams in terms of midfield possession and both sides were restricted to efforts from outside the box. Within a minute of each other Carey and Caley Thistle's Billy McKay both fired wildly over from 20 yards.

County came close in the 33rd minute when Kevin Luckassen whipped a shot just past Brill's right hand post after Rocco Quinn and De Leeuw combined in the build-up.

In a flashpoint just before half time Caley Thistle's Ross Draper and Mihael Kovacevic and De Leeuw were all booked after Luckassen was felled in the middle of the park.

In first half stoppage time Brown was forced to make his real first save of the match when he kept a MacLean back-header going into the net following a Shinnie free-kick.

The stage was set for an enticing second half - but the lights went out and the rivals must start this match again on a date which has yet to be confirmed.

Source: PA

World Cup Group G

Belgium 1 0 0 3 3
England 1 0 0 1 3
Tunisa 0 0 1 -1 0
Panama 0 0 1 -3 0
Last updated : 08:44