Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni confirmed Tuesday he has signed a contract extension until the 2014 World Cup.
The 72-year-old Italian coach has been rewarded by the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) for securing the Republic's place at next summer's Euro 2012 finals following victory over Estonia in their qualification play-off.
"I am very happy to continue my job with the FAI," said Trapattoni, whose assistant Marco Tardelli has also signed a new deal.
"I have always said that Marco and I believe very strongly in the work that we are doing to grow and develop the Irish team.
"It is a huge honour and a privilege to represent the Irish team and we look forward to continuing this important task," added Trapattoni, who will travel to Kiev for Friday's Euro 2012 draw ahead of the tournament in Ukraine and Poland.
FAI chief executive John Delaney added: "On behalf of the FAI board of management, we are very happy to agree a contract extension with Giovanni Trapattoni and his team of Marco Tardelli and Fausto Rossi.
"They have done fantastic work with the squad, bringing us to qualification for a major tournament for the first time in 10 years, increasing our world ranking to 21st and introducing many new players for the future."
Trapattoni's deal will again be part-funded by businessman Denis O'Brien, who played a significant part in the FAI's original acquisition of the former European Cup winner.
The Italian and his staff have previously taken two pay cuts because of Ireland's financial difficulties, and there had been speculation that a significantly reduced package could be on the table.