Ten things we learnt from Real Madrid's Copa del Rey victory over Barcelona
- Gareth Bale deserves all the praise for a brilliant goal. He won the game single-handedly with a trademark run and finish. Since his big money move, he has settled in well to life at Real and the goal will prove the small doubts over his performances against Barcelona.
- As for Neymar, Barca's marquee signing from last summer has now to be classed as almost ridiculous. With the reliable Pedro and a Frontman in Alexis having his best season at the club sitting on the bench for the Insipid Brazilian. He hasn't been helped by the off the pitch shambles regarding his move, but has shown nothing like the form expected. His last minute shot off the post was symptomatic of his season.
- Angel Di Maria has been one of Real's best players. Last summer he looked surplus to requirements. Now he has shown what hard work can do and can be vital either more centrally or out wide.
- The Barcelona Manager 'Tata' Martino will surely be leaving the club at the end of the season? He has done little to help prolong or reinvent the golden crop at the club. With the club set to be without silverware, expect his exit to be swift.
- Despite a decent game, Pepe is still a liability for Real Madrid. He let Marc Bartra go for the Barca goal and you have to wonder if his lack of discipline is worth a risk, with the classy and ever improving Raphael Varane on the bench.
- Lionel Messi is no doubt totally fed up with the style of Football and obvious lack of Zip in the final Third. Xavi and Iniesta aren't being helped by the afore mentioned Neymar and also Cesc Fabregas to link play.
- Luka Modric continues to be Reals most impressive Midfielder. Even ahead of Xabi Alonso.
- It may be time for Cesc Fabregas to move. He has had multiple seasons to find a role in the side at Barcelona and it doesn't seem to be working.
- Isco is finding some form at Real now
- Even with the absence of Victor Valdes, Barcelona should have a better option as back up than Jose Pinto
Related Real Madrid News