Five facts about El Clasico
- This weekend's match at the Santiago Bernabeu will be 227th meeting between the sides in official competitions. Madrid hold the overall advantage of 90 wins to Barca's 88 with 48 draws. Los Blancos also lead in overall goals scored by 380 to 366.
- A week after becoming Barcelona's all-time leading scorer in all forms of the game with 371 goals, Lionel Messi can also become the leading marksman in Clasicos too as he currently holds the record along with Madrid legend Alfredo di Stefano on 18 goals in 26 games.
- Both sides have scored in the last 14 Clasicos, a record run stretching back to Barca's 2-0 win at the Bernabeu in their Champions League semi-final, first leg in April 2011.
- Madrid have won 62 of the 111 games between the sides at the Bernabeu, but have only won two of the last nine games between the two at home.
- Real are unbeaten in 31 games in all competitions stretching back to their defeat at the Camp Nou against Barcelona in October, the second longest unbeaten run in their history.
Related Real Madrid News