Lita complaint withdrawn

18 September 2006 12:59
Reading striker Leroy Lita is in the clear after Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that a complaint of alleged grievous bodily harm against him has been dropped. England Under-21s striker Lita had been facing possible prosecution over an incident in Bristol on August 26. A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police confirmed: "The 21-year-old man bailed last month pending further enquiries will face no further action. "The 24-year-old who made the allegation has now withdrawn the complaint." Lita had attracted criticism from Royals boss Steve Coppell at the time of the initial complaint. He said: "He said: Personally I'm very disappointed. I have to ask what he was doing in Bristol. "The players had five hours travelling back from Wigan and wouldn't have arrived in Reading until 11pm. He has then driven another hour-and-a-half to get to Bristol."

Source: ESA