Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers: Redknapp v O'Neill
Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers: Top Ten Pre-Match Stats.
Harry Redknapp makes Premier League history this evening when he takes charge of his FIFTH top flight club against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
After being appointed QPR boss on Friday, Redknapp watched from the stands as his new charges surrendered a one goal advantage to lose 3-1 at Old Trafford.
The real job starts here for Redknapp and his under-achieving squad who have already been told they should be ashamed of their winless start to the season.
Here at football.co.uk we’re predicting Harry will kick off his QPR reign with a hard-working score draw. But what do the pre-match stats – and the bookies odds - suggest?
TOP TEN STATS
1. This will be the 20th managerial meeting between Harry Redknapp and Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill.
2. Redknapp has won 11 of the 19 clashes so far – with Spurs and Portsmouth – while former Leicester boss O’Neill has only one victory to his name.
3. Harry survived relegation scraps with Spurs and Pompey, but reckons this will be his toughest challenge yet.
4. Sunderland did the double over QPR last season when the two clubs met for the first in the Premier League.
5. Martin O'Neill's side have won just one of their last seven league matches (W1, D2, L4).
6. QPR are the only club in the top four divisions without a win this season.
7.Rangers haven't won on any of their last five visits to Sunderland. Their last victory (1-0) was at the Black Cats’ former home Roker Park in April 1991.
8. Sunderland have won just two league matches this season - and just once at home since the end of March.
9. Sunderland had more shots on target than any other Premier League club last weekend (10) in the 4-2 defeat by West Brom.
10. Most bookies make QPR 9/4 to win at the Stadium of Light, with Sunderland quoted at 5/4. In the main it’s 9/4 the draw.
Check out the latest odds at Betway – the official betting partner of football.co.uk
Related Queens Park Rangers News