QPR still likely to go up - Lawyer
QPR could start next season in the Barclays Premier League with a points deduction if they are found guilty of the FA charges facing them over the Alejandro Faurlin case, according to a sports lawyer.
A hearing into seven breaches of FA rules relating to the signing of the Argentinian midfielder in 2009 began at Wembley on Tuesday with a decision expected on Friday. Reports last week claimed the FA could impose an immediate 15-point penalty which would see Rangers, who are currently five points clear at the top of the npower Championship, denied automatic promotion and dumped into the play-offs. But sports lawyer Andrew Nixon, of Sports Group Thomas Eggar, says Rangers could still be promoted but begin next season on minus points - with a three-point penalty a more likely outcome.
"If the club are found guilty any punishment of a fine or a points deduction depends on the level of guilt," Nixon told Press Association Sport.
"It depends whether there has been an intent to breach the rules, or a flagrant disregard of the rules.
"One option will be to deduct points next season, and that could be the easiest option, certainly with regard to managing the play-offs. Therefore it could be that they start next season with a negative three-point balance."
Related Queens Park Rangers News