skip to content

Fighting talk from Hoops honcho Hart

17 Dec 2009 14:14:17

Fighting talk from Hoops honcho Hart

Hart, who was sacked by Portsmouth less than a month ago, has been appointed on a deal until the end of the season after Magilton left by "mutual consent" following his dressing-room bust-up with midfielder Akos Buzsaky. "That has nothing to do with me," said Hart. "I'm here now, what has happened in the past has happened and I don't know too much about it. We have to look to the future. "We've got a strong squad of players and we feel we might cause a bit of damage in the Championship." Hart, 56, had been linked with a move to the coaching staff at Tottenham and revealed he had also been offered a managerial position at another club. The former Nottingham Forest boss has also insisted on being in control of any transfers in January as Rangers look to climb back towards the promotion race. He added: "There have been one or two offers and I am grateful to those clubs. But this one appealed to me more. This has the potential to be a big, big club. "If we need to buy in January then that will be the case. And yes, it will be my decision." Hart, who will be assisted by former Luton boss Mick Harford, is not looking beyond his initial contract - which is probably wise given the average longevity of Rangers managers these days. But he said: "I like to work, and the opportunity to work and to come to a club of this stature so quickly was important to me. "I am here for a short period - it might be longer - until the end of the season and that is time for us all to have a look at each other, to see if we like each other and to get on with it." Hart's first game in charge will be against Sheffield United at Loftus Road on Saturday. Q.P.R. v Sheff. Utd To Score 2+ Goals: Q.P.R. 11/8


Team_Talk

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Queens Park Rangers News

advertisement

advertisment