Redknapp: Things have to change
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes the ethos of the squad must change if they are to be successful next season.
Redknapp's side currently sit bottom of the Barclays Premier League, with just four league wins to their name so far this season and their relegation confirmed two weeks ago at Reading.
The 66-year-old has already suggested the current crop of Rangers players would not be good enough to secure an immediate return to the top flight, but now the former Tottenham boss has also called the discipline of the squad off the pitch into question.
Midfielder Stephane Mbia is the latest player to upset Redknapp, tweeting on Monday that he wants to secure a move back to previous club Marseille.
"If they practised more rather than tweeted they would be better footballers," said Redknapp.
"Next year lots of things have to change here - the whole discipline of the club. I have pussyfooted around with some of them because they are here and you need to get the best out of them.
"I want players who want to be here, work hard and train hard - the others, just don't bother. In terms of discipline, it has got to change.
"Some of them think they can do what they want when they want. It's been difficult because we have had to use them, but now is the time when we have had to make the changes.
"You have to get a good squad of players and need strong characters as much as ability.
"There are some good characters here and they are not all dysfunctional. There are some good lads here too, but you do need more. It's a different game, different people and different characters, but it is still football. I love football."
QPR will be without defender Chris Samba for the visit of Newcastle.
The Magpies will be chasing a positive result to strengthen their survival bid and Samba (knee) will still be absent for already-relegated Rangers.
Shaun Wright-Phillips (ankle) and Andrew Johnson (knee) will miss the remainder of the season, both having undergone surgery.
Alan Pardew is refusing to rue the one that got away as Newcastle attempt to drag themselves to Barclays Premier League safety at Loftus Road.
The Magpies thought they had landed Marseille striker Loic Remy in January as a replacement for Demba Ba following his departure for Chelsea.
However, Rangers ultimately persuaded the 26-year-old to head for the capital instead with a budget-busting pay-packet, and Pardew was forced to make do and mend.
Newcastle have already indicated that they are unlikely to renew their interest in Remy if, as seems likely, he is made available this summer following QPR's relegation, but the Magpies manager could be forgiven for wondering how different the season might have been had he got his man.
Pardew said: "I don't know, that's a hypothetical question, but it would have given us a bit more power scoring goals because if you score goals, it takes pressure off your back four a little bit.
"I think we would have scored more and conceded fewer if he had signed. But he didn't."
Pardew will be able to welcome back a trio of key players for the trip.
Full-back Mathieu Debuchy is available once again after serving a one-match ban, while fellow defender Davide Santon (hamstring) and midfielder Sylvain Marveaux (groin) have returned to training and are in contention.
However, midfielder Moussa Sissoko and striker Shola Ameobi (both knee) will not play again this season after joining goalkeeper Tim Krul (shoulder) and full-back Massadio Haidara (hamstring) on the casualty list, while midfielder Sammy Ameobi is available after returning from his loan spell at Middlesbrough.