Super Seasiders grab historic win

19 September 2009 05:16
The £500,000 signing from Rangers continued to repay his club record transfer fee by scoring for the fourth time in his last five matches. Forest striker Nathan Tyson, who on Friday pleaded guilty to a Football Association charge of improper conduct following his flag-waving antics against East Midlands rivals Derby last month, lost possession on the edge of the centre circle. Adam evaded four challenges before rolling the ball under the advancing goalkeeper after 19 minutes. Robert Earnshaw was handed his first Championship start for a month as Forest boss Billy Davies made three changes to his side. The Wales striker came in for the suspended Joe Garner and was partnered by Tyson, who was restored to the starting line-up at the expense of Dexter Blackstock after missing the two draws at Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich following the birth of his son. Guy Moussi made his first appearance of the season after a thigh injury replacing Paul Anderson in midfield. Blackpool, who last triumphed at the City Ground in February 1964, were unchanged from the side that inflicted a first defeat of the season on Newcastle in midweek. It might have been a different story had Paul Rachubka not saved a shot by Tyson moments before Adam scored. Forest responded well to falling behind and laid siege to Blackpool's goal for the remainder of the first half. Tyson and David McGoldrick missed the target with efforts from the edge of the box either side of the half-hour mark before Luke Chambers headed over from Paul McKenna's corner. The hosts then went close three times within 30 seconds as Blackpool struggled to clear their lines in the 38th minute. Rachubka parried shots from Earnshaw and Moussi before the former saw another goalbound effort blocked by Ian Evatt. Ian Holloway's side held on until the break and would have extended their lead at the start of the second half had Lee Camp not produced a fine save to tip Jason Euell's shot around a post. Hameur Bouazza then flashed a 25-yard shot wide after 55 minutes. Forest had lost their attacking impetus and created little before substitute Dele Adebola had a shot blocked by Rob Edwards in injury-time.

Source: Team_Talk