Suarez-Free Zone At SJP On Saturday!
Luis Suarez and Liverpool were left "shocked and disappointed" after the striker was hit with a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.
The severity of the ban caught Liverpool's by surprise and the club, who will wait to see the written reasons on Thursday before deciding whether to appeal, will now have to make a decision over whether to sell the Uruguay striker.
Suarez missed eight matches last season due to his racist abuse ban, and following the punishment imposed by a Football Association independent regulatory commission now faces the prospect of missing the last four games of this campaign and the first six of next season.
Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre, who earlier this week insisted the club were determined to keep Suarez, said in response to the decision: "Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today's independent regulatory commission decision.
"We await the written reasons tomorrow before making any further comment."
Suarez had admitted violent conduct after biting Ivanovic during the 2-2 draw with Chelsea on Sunday but challenged the FA's contention that he deserved more than a three-match ban.
The commission, however, agreed with the FA, which said in statement: "A three-person independent regulatory commission today upheld the FA's claim that a suspension of three matches was clearly insufficient and the player will serve a further seven first-team matches in addition to the standard three. The suspension begins with immediate effect."
Suarez has until midday on Friday to appeal the additional suspension, above the standard three matches.
Source: Newcastle United Mad
Related Newcastle United News