- Newcastle United News
- League Table
- News Archive
- Premier League News
No Bordeaux move for Luque
20 Nov 2006 - 13:08:01
Newcastle United striker Albert Luque will not be moving to Bordeaux in the January transfer window, according to the French side's coach Ricardo Gomez.
Luque has expressed his desire to leave Tyneside after enduring a frustrating time with the Magpies and was linked with a move to Bordeaux last week.
However, Gomez told Sud-Ouest: "Luque? No, I need a striker who has played since the beginning of the season.
"(Rio) Mavuba is back with his competitive spirit. He was slipping a few weeks ago. He sometimes needs an electroshock even if he is not happy. But I repeat it, I am not here to please people.
"A striker will join Les Girondins during the transfer window even if Mavuba stays. There won't be any relations between those two decisions.
"If he or another player should leave the club, he would be immediately replaced in order not to break the balance of the group."
Meanwhile, Newcastle duo Damien Duff and Craig Moore could face spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Arsenal.
Duff is struggling with a sore knee while Moore appeared to suffer a hamstring injury.
Boss Glenn Roeder told the club's official website: "Both will have scans but until we have the results it's too early to say anything more."