Newcastle summer signing Remy Cabella does not blame manager Alan Pardew for dropping him.
The 24-year-old France international finally arrived on Tyneside from Montpellier in July, almost seven months after the Magpies initially targeted him in the wake of Yohan Cabaye's January departure for Paris St Germain.
However, the £7million man has found the pace and power of the Barclays Premier League a challenge and having started the first six league games, was taken out of the firing line for the trip to Swansea on October 4.
But he returned as a half-time substitute at Tottenham on Sunday and provided the cross from which Ayoze Perez headed Pardew's men to a second successive victory, and he is now hoping that will provide him with a springboard to show what he can do on a sustained basis.
Cabella told L'Equipe: "It's logical. The coach had been starting me in the first two months, but I had not scored or had an assist.
"Dropping me to the bench, and indeed not playing me at all at Swansea, hurt my pride. But I have not eased off, I have worked more.
"He [Pardew] trusted me to play the second half [against Tottenham]. I got my first assist and it is good for the confidence.
"Alan Pardew wants me to be decisive, to score goals. Up to now, I have not done that. That is why I am not playing.
"Now I am only thinking about scoring. But I don't feel any pressure, that would be pointless. I am just here to play football, it is the best job."
Cabella freely admits the physicality of the Premier League came as a surprise, but insists he is gradually coming to terms with it.
He said: "I like England, it's another universe. It is another challenge in a new league, so of course it takes time to adapt. The rhythm and intensity of the game have surprised me.
"For 90 minutes, you attack, you defend, the referee doesn't whistle for anything. But after 90 minutes, you are dead! I didn't have the preparation I needed so I have to work twice as hard, and I am getting there bit by bit."