Milton Keynes Dons 4-3 Blackpool: Match Report

24 August 2010 11:00

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway missed his side's 4-3 Carling Cup defeat at the hands of npower League One side MK Dons as Lewis Guy scored an extra-time winner in the round two clash.

The home side led in the first minute through Sam Baldock before Brett Ormerod brought the visitors level after the break. Jermaine Easter then netted twice in as many minutes before a free-kick from Ludovic Sylvestre gave Blackpool a lifeline.

- Milton Keynes Dons 4-3 Blackpool: Match Report

Ormerod also had two close-range efforts disallowed for offside before a late penalty from substitute Charlie Adam took the game into extra-time when Guy struck the winner. Holloway had chosen to miss the game at stadiummk in favour of watching a transfer target elsewhere, leaving his assistant Steve Thompson in charge.

Richard Stearman's struck in the final minute of extra-time to give Wolves a 2-1 victory over Southend.

Wolves took the lead through Nenad Milijas' first-half penalty after Sam Winnall was fouled by Chris Barker. Shrimpers captain Craig Easton pulled back a deserved equaliser for the npower League Two side in the 80th minute, but Stearman had the final say after an additional 30 minutes.

Scott Parker spared West Ham's blushes with a right-foot shot deep into injury time to send the Hammers through to the third round with a 1-0 win over Oxford.

Blackburn's on-loan striker Mame Diouf proved to be the difference between the two sides as he scored a hat-trick to beat Norwich 3-1 at Ewood Park.

The Senegal international, who arrived from Manchester United earlier this month, marked his full Rovers debut by heading the opener in the 29th minute.

Diouf, 22, also hit the crossbar from close range after the interval before stabbing home his second 11 minutes from time and nodding in a third before Jens Berthal Askou's 90th-minute consolation.

Pablo Ibanez scored his first goal for West Brom and substitute Chris Wood added a second as the Barclays Premier League came through 2-0 at Leyton Orient.

Source: PA