Police arrest three more over Millwall violence
Police arrested three more men in dawn raids Tuesday over violence at an FA Cup match between Millwall and Wigan, bringing the total number of arrests to 23.
Scotland Yard also issued 17 more pictures of people they want to speak to in relation to the disorder after the April 13 semi-final at Wembley Stadium.
Three men, aged 21, 22 and 27, were arrested at separate addresses in London by officers from Operation Arrowtip, which responds to football-related crime, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) said.
Officers had already detained 20 people and charged three in connection with post-match violence which saw Millwall fans clash with police and each other inside and outside the ground.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Barnes, of the MPS, said: "We have had an excellent response from the public, who have identified people in nine of the 10 images already released. Some have since handed themselves in to police."
He said investigators were working through calls from the public and CCTV footage to identify anyone involved in the disorder.
"We expect to make further arrests," he added.
"Our message is clear. Violence at football is unacceptable. If you were involved in the violence come forward and speak with us. We will pursue all those responsible."
Related Millwall News