Middlesbrough have confirmed that Mido will miss the rest of the season following a hernia operation.
The 25-year-old Egyptian striker has endured an injury-plagued first season on Teesside where he has started just eight Premier League games.
Mido has been dogged by hamstring and pelvic injuries following his £6million arrival from Spurs in August.
He made his first start since October in a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa last month, but is currently serving a three-match ban following his dismissal in the 1-1 draw at Arsenal on March 15.
"I have been unlucky with injuries this season," Mido told his personal website.
"I didn't play nine or 10 full matches this season so I am looking forward to fix this next season and be ready for it.
"I will be out for five or six weeks and then be back in to training.
"I have also had phone call from Egypt coach Hassan Shehata and he told me that if I can get fit before May 24 then I will be back in the Egypt squad which will begin the World Cup qualifiers."