skip to content

  • McCann (48 pen), Hooper (86)
  • Wright, A (22 og), Coleman (77), Campbell (82), Campbell (85)
  • Date:2010-04-02
  • Kick-off:15:00
  • Venue:Glanford Park
  • Attendance:7508
  • Referee:Woolmer, KA

Live Commentary


That's it, it's all over, the referee has blown the final whistle.


Scunthorpe are replacing Sam Togwell with Josh Wright.


Goal!! Scunthorpe have scored with Gary Hooper putting it in the back of the net.


Goal!! Blackpool have scored with Dudley Campbell putting it in the back of the net.


Goal!! Dudley Campbell scores for Blackpool.


Matthew Sparrow is being taken off, Gary Hooper has come on in his place.


Gary Taylor-Fletcher is being taken off, Dudley Campbell has come on in his place.


Goal!! Seamus Coleman scores for Blackpool.


Billy Clarke is being taken off, David Vaughan has come on in his place.


Stephen Dobbie is being taken off, Hameur Bouazza has come on in his place.


Martyn Woolford is replaced by Donal McDermott.


Ian Evatt is booked for unsporting behaviour.


Grant McCann takes a penalty for Scunthorpe and scores!.


The second half is under way with the score currently at 0 v 1.


The ref has blown his whistle for half time.


Andrew Wright goes into the referee's book for unsporting behaviour.


Own goal, Andrew Wright has put it in his own net.


The ref has blown his whistle and the match has started.


Scunthorpe face Blackpool at 3pm on Friday, April 2nd.


Match Report

Three goals in the last 13 minutes saw Blackpool strengthen their play-off hopes with a second successive away win, a 4-2 victory at Scunthorpe United.

But a first home defeat in six games left the Iron still looking anxiously over their shoulders at the relegation dogfight below them.

The Seasiders dominated the opening half with Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Ben Burgess both going close and Stephen Dobbie denied by a great save from goalkeeper Joe Murphy.

But it took an own goal from full-back Andy Wright to put the visitors ahead after 22 minutes when he was left with his head in his hands after volleying a cross from full-back Seamus Coleman into the bottom corner of his own net.

Scunthorpe did not threaten until the stroke of half-time when striker Garry Thompson was denied by a good save from Matt Gilks.

But three minutes into the second half the home side were level when midfield man Grant McCann netted from the penalty spot after he himself had been tripped in the box by centre-back Ian Evatt.

Suddenly Scunthorpe, who had won their last three games to climb out of the bottom three, stepped up a gear and Gilks was forced into action again, saving well from Matt Sparrow.

But Blackpool regained the initiative with Charlie Adam denied by Murphy, before Taylor-Fletcher missed a great chance to put them back in front after 75 minutes with a poor finish that Murphy blocked away.

It could have proved costly, but two minutes later Coleman took advantage of some poor defending by the home side to cut into the box from the right and find the net with an excellent finish to put his side 2-1 in front.

Substitute DJ Campbell then struck twice at the far post after 83 and 85 minutes, first with a header then with a shot, to put the game well beyond Scunthorpe's reach.

The home side did reduce the arrears in the 86th minute when leading marksman Gary Hooper, back in action after five games out with a groin injury, poached his 14th goal of the season from close range.

But it was too little, too late to save the home side.

Scunthorpe United






Goal attempts


Shots off target