skip to content

  • German (76)
  • Dyer (57)
  • Date:2010-03-20
  • Kick-off:15:00
  • Venue:Loftus Road Stadium
  • Attendance:15502
  • Referee:Wright, K

Live Commentary


The ref has blown his whistle for full time.


Mark Gower is being taken off, Craig Beattie has come on in his place.


Nathan Dyer is being taken off, Thomas Butler has come on in his place.


Goal!! QPR have scored with Antonio German putting it in the back of the net.


Hogan Ephraim is replaced by Rowan Vine.


Swansea are replacing David Cotterill with Cedric van der Gun.


Ashley Richards goes into the referee's book for unsporting behaviour.


Akos Buzsaky is being taken off, Lee Cook has come on in his place.


Tamas Priskin is being taken off, Antonio German has come on in his place.


Goal!! Nathan Dyer scores for Swansea.


The second half is under way with the score currently at 0 v 0.


The ref has blown his whistle for half time.


It's 3pm on Saturday, March 20th, the match has kicked off.


QPR face Swansea at 3pm on Saturday, March 20th.


Match Report

Antonio German's 76th-minute equaliser rescued a point for QPR and denied Paulo Sousa a victorious return to west London as Swansea City drew 1-1 at Loftus Road.

Sousa, back at QPR for the first time since being axed as boss, saw his Swansea side take a deserved second-half lead through Nathan Dyer's goal.

A win against his former club would have been sweet for the Portuguese, whose five-month reign was blighted by problems on and off the pitch.

Swansea were the better team for much of the match and twice went close to taking the lead in the opening 20 minutes.

First, Dyer latched onto Shefki Kuqi's ball over the top of the Rangers defence and was unlucky to see his shot bounce back off the inside of the post.

And Rangers had another lucky escape when Dyer again found himself through on goal and Matt Hill almost put the ball into his own net while denying the winger with a last-ditch challenge.

Swansea continued to look dangerous and went close again when Mark Gower's corner was headed over by Ashley Williams, before Guillem Bauza wasted a great chance for the visitors.

QPR's Kaspars Gorkss made a mess of an attempted header clear, allowing Kuqi acres of space on the right wing. Kuqi pulled the ball back for Bauza, who could only fire straight at keeper Carl Ikeme.

Rangers did threaten when the recalled Akos Buzsaky volleyed wide but otherwise Swansea looked more likely to score and continued to dominate after the break.

The home side's luck ran out when Bauza's chip forward struck Hill on the back. The loose ball fell to Dyer, who side-footed home from the edge of the penalty area.

R's boss Neil Warnock responded by sending German on in place of the hapless Tamas Priskin up front and the decision was vindicated when German netted the second league goal of his fledgling career.

Keeper Dorus de Vries flapped at Adel Taarabt's corner and, after Rowan Vine drove the ball back into the six-yard box, German was on hand to score from close range.

Rangers then thought they had gone in front when Taarabt's deflected free-kick was headed into the net by Matt Connolly, but the defender was offside.

Queens Park Rangers

Swansea City





Goal attempts


Shots off target