Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster believes it is unlikely that Cristiano Ronaldo will be moving from Manchester United to the Spanish capital this summer.
Speculation in Spain had suggested Ronaldo would be the subject of a £100million bid by Real this summer, with the club's general director, Miguel Angel Arroyo, claiming that the La Liga champions had the money to buy the Portugal international.
The 23-year-old, despite having agreed a five-year contract extension at Old Trafford last year, also said recently that he would like to play in Spain.
However, when asked following his side's 5-2 win over Levante on Sunday whether he would like sign Ronaldo, Schuster said: "I would like to have a lot of players. But I don't think that it is possible that Cristiano Ronaldo will be with us.
"I don't waste time on these things. I think about who could come and not on speculation. We are going to look at what we need and then see."
Ronaldo had said last week: "I'm happy here (at United), but let's see what happens after the Champions League final.
"I know Real Madrid like how I play and other teams in Spain do as well.
"I have said millions of times that I would love to play in Spain, but it's one thing to dream and another thing for it to be a reality.
"I am feeling calm here. I'm happy here but in the future I don't know."