Confusion surrounds Louis Saha's chances of being fit for the start of the season amid conflicting reports concerning the state of the Manchester United striker's injured knee.
The Manchester Evening News reported on Wednesday that the former Fulham star had been forced to have knee surgery that would keep him sidelined until at least November.
However, the player's management group, the Stellar Group, insist he could be ready to start the new campaign.
A former adviser to the player called Ranko Stojic had said: "Louis has had surgery in America and he won't be on the field now for a few months.
"He's been unlucky and it is very important now that he gets back to 100 per cent fitness.
"I don't know when he will be able to start training again but he is looking at being back around November or December. But it is going to be a while."
However, a statement from the Stellar Group said: "Louis Saha has absolutely no ties with Ranko Stojic, who has no authority whatsoever to speak on behalf of the player or his management group.
"Louis has successfully undergone knee surgery in America and is now undergoing rehabilitation in the south of France.
"He hopes and fully expects to be fit for the start of the new season and any claims to the contrary are completely false."
A succession of injuries have restricted Saha to only 66 starts for United since his £12.9million transfer from Fulham in January 2004 and he was only able to make two Premiership starts in the second half of the campaign just ended.