- Manchester United News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Clarets continue Eckersley talks
Published : 18 Aug 2009 08:04:55Rss feed
Burnley boss Owen Coyle is confident the club can agree a fee with Manchester United for Richard Eckersley to avoid the need for a tribunal. Eckersley turned down a new contract at Old Trafford to sign a four-year deal with Premier League new boys Burnley last month. He was on the bench for the Clarets' opening day defeat at Stoke City and could be involved against his former club on Wednesday when United visit Turf Moor. Coyle is happy to have the full-back in his squad and is hoping the two clubs can settle on a fee for the 20-year-old. Desire "Richard's a player that came through and was well groomed at Manchester United," said Coyle in the Daily Express. "He was brought up the right way and the right way for me to play football. "United had offered Richard a new contract and we obviously knew he was out of contract and made a play to try to get him on board. "Richard has thought this was the best place for him at this time. "Everybody knows how difficult it would be to force your way into Manchester United's first team and he probably felt he would get a quicker opportunity for first-team football in the Premier League at Burnley. "It says a lot for the lad because it must have been a wrench to leave a club like Manchester United and it shows the desire that he wants to play regular first-team football. "We're speaking to Manchester United to try to agree a fee that suits both clubs and that would save us going to a tribunal. "Paul Fletcher, the chief executive, is speaking to David Gill."
Related Manchester United News