- Manchester City News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Tevez arrives back at City
Published : 13 Oct 2011 13:05:31Rss feed
Striker Carlos Tevez resumed life as a Manchester City footballer on Thursday after serving a two-week ban.
The Argentina international's suspension for allegedly refusing to play in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich has now expired and he turned up at the club's training ground as expected just after 12.10pm.
Tevez, in a black Hummer and accompanied by a companion, drove into the Carrington complex and was met by two of the club's security staff when he had parked up.
Press Association Sport understands he arrived for a fitness session as the rest of the first-team squad and manager Roberto Mancini had attended for regular training at 11am.
Tevez faces the prospect of a heavy punishment after the club found he had a case to answer over his conduct in Munich last month. Mancini claimed after the defeat in the Allianz Arena that the player had refused to go on as a substitute when requested.
Tevez's trusted advisor Kia Joorabchian said the matter boiled down to a simple misunderstanding in the heat of the moment and claimed the forward had been mistranslated in an interview he gave after the game, when he is alleged to have declared that his "head wasn't right to play".
Tevez was suspended for a fortnight the day after the game, allowing City to launch an internal investigation, the findings of which led to a statement being released which made clear the matter will not end with the two-week ban.
"The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract," said the statement released by City last night.
"Accordingly, the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly."
It is not known whether Mancini and Tevez are due to meet this afternoon.