Redknapp: City won't let up
Harry Redknapp thinks Manchester City's relentless spending spree will not cease until they have won the title - and claims Roberto Mancini has already sealed one or two blockbuster signings to help him achieve that goal next season.
Redknapp saw his Tottenham team pip City to fourth place last year, but they are unlikely to achieve the same feat this season, having lost ground on their nearest rivals of late and anything but a win at Eastlands on Tuesday night will mean Tottenham's hopes of bringing Champions League football to White Hart Lane for a second successive season will be over.
Redknapp said: "They aren't going to stop until they win the championship and even then the Champions League, are they?"
The Spurs boss attributes the Lancastrians' success to the huge spending spree that began with Sheikh Mansour's takeover in September 2008.
The tycoon has parted with more than Â£300million to fund the signings of players like Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Yaya Toure, who have helped put the club in the FA Cup final and dragged them to the brink of playing in Europe's premier club competition next term.
With the carrot of dining at Europe's top table now all but assured, Redknapp predicts the club's spending spree will continue this summer.
The likes of Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Tottenham's Gareth Bale, and a number of the continent's biggest stars have been linked with the club, and Redknapp has claimed that up to two players have already been signed up to help Mancini fight for European and domestic honours next year.
"The man from Abu Dhabi has got so much money, I mean, it isn't like money to him is it?" Redknapp said.
"That's the key. I know people in the right positions there (at City) who have said 'Well, the one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football'.
"But they tell me they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. I mean, that's where they're going."
Related Manchester City News