- Manchester City News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Mancini committed to Manchester City
Roberto Mancini has poured cold water on speculation that he is ready for a return to Italy - and insisted he has already started planning for next season.
The Manchester City boss was last week heavily linked with Juventus, who sacked Ciro Ferrara in January and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni as coach until the end of the season, but the former Sampdoria star distanced himself from the Juve post after Saturday's 6-1 demolition of Burnley and has now emphasised his desire to remain part of the Eastlands revolution.
"I did give an interview, but I never said I wanted to go to Juventus," Mancini told www.mcfc.co.uk. "Manchester City is my club and I have a contract here for three and a half years."
He added: "I am already planning for next season, which will start on July 5 when the players come back after the summer.
"For us it's more important that we finish well this season, and we must concentrate 100% to get fourth place because we have six games that are very difficult.
"After that, we can think about the future - we already have some players in our minds who can be good for next season."
Related Manchester City News