Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will consider loaning unsettled goalkeeper Shay Given in January.
The 34-year-old Republic of Ireland international openly discussed his unhappiness at starting the new Premier League season behind new number one Joe Hart in the build-up to Sunday's 2-0 victory over Wigan Athletic.
Given has not featured in any of City's eight games so far this season and is desperate to play first-team football.
He cannot move until the transfer window reopens in January and Mancini has revealed he will not stand in the former Newcastle keeper's way in the New Year.
The veteran keeper had been an automatic selection following his move to Eastlands in February 2009.
"I told him that he can stay but I respect his decision and if he wants to leave he can," explained Mancini.
"He decided to stay here and until January he must stay here.
"I have a lot of respect for Shay and I told him the situation.
"I understand his frustration but I need that Shay stays here (until January) and puts in 100 per cent."
Meanwhile, reports claim Newcastle could ask the Premier League to sanction an emergency loan deal for their former keeper following the shoulder injury picked up by Steve Harper during Saturday's 1-0 victory over Everton.