Man City outcast Sinclair wants first team football
Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair admits he will leave the club if the indications are he will not be given first-team football this season.
Sinclair joined City from Swansea in August 2012, having scored eight goals for the Swans during the previous campaign.
The winger made just three starts in his first season at the Etihad and a loan move to West Brom last term also proved unsuccessful, yielding just 11 appearances.
"Personally I'm just looking to play as many games as possible - I don't know what the future holds," Sinclair said.
"If the manager is going to give me game time, then I would love to stay.
"But if that's not the case I'm sure I'll have to go elsewhere and to play more.
"I'm just taking every game as it comes. I've played a lot in pre-season so hopefully that continues."
Sinclair is not the first English youngster to move to one of the Premier League's leading clubs before struggling to earn a place in the first-team.
Jack Rodwell, once considered one of England's brightest young midfielders, left City to join Sunderland last week after two disappointing years spent on the sidelines.
"I got a lot of game time in pre-season which has been great, that's what I want," Sinclair said.
"I've been playing 90 minutes and scored a few goals as well.
"As long as I get on and I'm trying to get the minutes, I can only do so well when I get my chance."
Sinclair came on for the last five minutes in the 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in the Community Shield on Sunday.
City were outplayed by the Gunners who recorded a convincing win thanks to goals from Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud.
"We started a little bit slowly and took a while getting into the game," Sinclair said. "As the game went by though we created a few chances.
"Going into the Premier League next week I'm sure we'll get going and do better."
Related Manchester City News