The long-running saga of Joleon Lescott's proposed transfer from Everton to Manchester City appears to be drawing to a close after the defender passed a medical at Eastlands.
Sky Sports News is reporting that the former Wolves star is on the verge of sealing his £24million switch to Mark Hughes' side.
The Toffees finally accepted a bid from their Premier League rivals on Sunday even though David Moyes had repeatedly said throughout the summer that the 27-year-old was not for sale.
Moyes is unhappy with the way City conducted themselves over the matter and now has little time to find a replacement as the transfer window shuts in just over one week's time.
He said after the disappointing 1-0 defeat at Burnley: "It definitely needs freshening up. We will try to do that and make a go of it this week.
"We shouldn't have been asked to wait this length of time for an amount of cash we think was the correct value for the player.
"Real Madrid came in with the money (£80million for Cristiano Ronaldo) for Manchester United the week after the end of the season.
"If the money had been offered in June, it would have been a lot easier for us.
"The time is against us to find a replacement. You can always spend money if you pay the right prices. The hard part is it will be expensive."