skip to content

Carlos Tevez suspended by Manchester City after refusing to play against Bayern Munich

More

28 Sep 2011 20:41:34

Carlos Tevez suspended by Manchester City after refusing to play against Bayern Munich

Carlos Tevez has been suspended for two weeks by Manchester City. The Blues confirmed the news this evening following a telephone conference involving senior staff, including chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak. It comes in the wake of Tevez's refusal to play against Bayern Munich and seems certain to be the start of a drawn-out disciplinary process that will end a stormy two-year period with the club. 'Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been  suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks,' said a short statement released by City. Time for golf: Carlos Tevez headed off for a round on Wednesday 'The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich. 'The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way.' Earlier in the day, the striker was back out in Cheshire on Wednesday when he was pictured heading for a game of golf with his wife Vanesa, although they were understood to have been turned away from the Tytherington course because they didn't have a tee slot. Enraged: Roberto Mancini lays down the law to his errant Argentine Uncomfortable viewing: Carlos Tevez (second right) flanked on the bench by Pablo Zabaleta (right), Samir Nasri (left) and Gareth Barry TEVEZ'S STATEMENT'I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich. 'They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club. 'In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play. This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play. 'There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood. 'Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations.' Tevez, who was given a police escort home on his return to Manchester with anger among fans brewing, issued astatement early on Wednesday morning claiming he did not refuse to play. It read: 'I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich. 'They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club. 'In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed upand was ready to play. 'This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play. 'There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood. Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations.' Enlarge No problem: Carlos Tevez gives a thumbs up to fans as he arrives back at Manchester Airport... Welcome back... Tevez is given a police escort in his Hummer from Manchester Airport  Tevez hits back: 'I didn't refuse to play', claims rebel as Mancini insists he's 'finished'Where to next? City and Tevez faced with dilemma after Munich spatFinished! Tevez won't play for me again, says Mancini as striker refuses to go on as subAll the latest Manchester City news, features and opinion


Daily_Mail

Sponsored links

Facebook comments

Related Manchester City News

advertisement

advertisment