Barry: Problems do not faze Tevez
Tevez is due at Macclesfield police station this week to answer bail after being arrested on Thursday on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified. The charge carries a possible six-month jail term if Tevez is subsequently found guilty. Yet he scored a hat-trick and set up the other two goals as City claimed a 5-0 FA Cup quarter-final win over Barnsley.
"It takes a lot to take Carlos' mind off football and get him agitated," said Barry. "If you had seen him at training this week, it's as though he has got no problems away from the pitch. Nothing really fazes him."
He added: "In general, if a football player has problems off the pitch the best place to be to get rid of them is on it, either in training or in the stadium.
"It can certainly help take your mind off them for 90 minutes anyway."
Tevez's City future is open to debate with his contract due to expire in another 12 months. So far, there have been no talks, even if manager Roberto Mancini seems relaxed enough about the situation.
In that sense, Barry is in a similar position, with another year remaining on the five-year deal he signed following his move from Aston Villa in 2009.
And it is fairly obvious that after leaving Villa Park with the stated aim of landing some silverware, the 32-year-old is in no mood to exit the Etihad Stadium having already collected FA Cup and Premier League winners' medals.
"I want to finish my career still challenging for trophies and this is the perfect club at which to do that," said Barry. "I am very settled here but at the same time I have got a lot of respect for the people (new chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain) who have come in.
"They are going to have a good long look at the way they want to go and the players they want to go with it so as individuals we need to work hard when we get the chance."
Related Manchester City News