Cristiano Ronaldo career highlights.
2001 - Scored twice on his Sporting debut against Moreirense.
2003 - Caught the eye of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson during a friendly and subsequently moved to Old Trafford for 12.24 million pounds ($20.08 million) on August 12.
- Scored his first United goal with a free kick in a 3-0 win over Portsmouth in November.
2004 - Scored opening goal in United's 3-0 FA Cup final win over Millwall and voted the club's
2003/04 Player of the Year in his debut season.
2006 - Became embroiled in an incident involving his United team mate Wayne Rooney during England's World Cup quarter-final against Portugal. Cameras caught him winking at his bench after Rooney was sent off.
2007 - Helped United to their first Premier League title in four years, scoring his 50th goal against rivals Manchester City.
- Joined Andy Gray (1977) as the only footballers to win the PFA Players' Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards in the same season.
2008 - Scored his first hat trick for the club against Newcastle United at Old Trafford on January 12.
- Scored both goals against Bolton Wanderers on March 19 as he captained United for the first time.
- Scored the Champions League final's opening goal against Chelsea, only to miss in the penalty shootout after the match finished 1-1. United went on to win 6-5.
- Finished the 2007/08 season with a career-high 42 goals and voted European Footballer of the Year and World Footballer of the Year among other awards.
- Heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid with United reporting the Spanish club to FIFA over their public courting of the player.
2009 - Hints of unrest in his relationship with Ferguson when he walks straight down the tunnel after being substituted against rivals Manchester City.
- Problems arise again when Ferguson argues with Ronaldo during a match against Wigan after the Portugal winger misses a scoring chance.
- Helped United to the Premier League title.
- United's Champions League final against Barcelona was dubbed 'Ronaldo v Lionel Messi'. The Argentine outshone Ronaldo as Barcelona ran out comfortable 2-0 winners.
Premier League 2007, 2008, 2009
FA Cup 2004
League Cup 2006, 2009
Champions League 2008
FIFA World Club Cup 2008